Vietnamese Bo Bun with White Jasmine Rice
Good For: Lunch, Dinner
Fresh and full of flavours, you are going to love our vegan version of a Bo Bun with tofu and our organic & wildlife-friendly White Jasmine Rice!
For Rice Bowl
- 2 cups of White IBIS Rice (see cooking instructions)
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 1 cucumber (sliced)
- 1/2 lettuce (sliced and some full for the garnish)
- Mint (sliced and some full for the garnish)
- 20g peanuts (crushed)
- 1 tbsp vegan fish sauce
- White sesame seeds
For marinated tofu
- 450g tofu
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 lime juice
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tsp soy sauce
For the Tofu
- Press liquid out of tofu and cut into slices.
- Mix all the tofu marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Add tofu to the marinade and coat.
- Cover and leave in the fridge for 2 hours.
- In a pan, add the tofu and the marinade sauce. Sauté on each side on medium-high heat until golden brown (add more sesame oil if necessary). Remove tofu from the pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, add 2 to 3 leaves of lettuce, the hot cooked White IBIS Rice.
- Top up with grated carrots, sliced cucumber, crushed peanuts and white sesame seeds.
- Add the soy sauce and fish sauce.
- Garnish with a few mint leaves and enjoy!