Semi-Milled IBIS Rice
Our Semi-Milled IBIS Rice takes only some of the bran away so it cooks and tastes much like our white IBIS rice without losing all the nutritious layer.
Our Rice is grown by Cambodian farmers committed to the strictest environmental standards: they don’t use chemicals, and they don’t allow trees to be cleared or wild animals to be poached on their land. In return, they are paid a premium for their crops.
- Available in 500g, 1kg, 2kg and 5kg
- We can also fulfill wholesale orders
Typical nutritional values per 100g
Energy: 1521 kj / 363 cal
Fat: 1.8 g
of which saturates: 0.4 g
Carbohydrates: 79 g
of which sugars: 0.7 g
Fibre: 1.24 g
Proteins: 7.1 g
Salt: 0.01 g
Stove Top Serves 3-4 people
● Add 3 cups of rice to a pot with some water and use clean hands to stir & rinse with water 3 times to remove surface starch.
● With all the starch water drained, add 3 cups of water
● Add pot to the stove on a high heat
● Once boiling, immediately reduce to the lowest heat and cover with a lid
● Leave to simmer and cook for 20 minutes so that all the liquid is absorbed. Important not to lift the lid or stir the rice in those 20 minutes.
● Remove from the heat and leave to cool with the lid on for 10 more minutes. Lift the lid and use a fork to fluff the rice before serving.
Rice Cooker Ratio:
1 cup of rice : 1 cup of water