Kimchi Fried Brown Rice with Tofu
Good For: Lunch, Dinner
Our vegan version of delicious Kimchi Fried Rice with tofu! We love the taste of spicy and tangy kimchi with our wildlife-friendly and organic brown jasmine rice. Enjoy this comforting meal using plant-based ingredients.
For Marinated Tofu
- 1 block (450g) of firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 ½ tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of palm sugar or maple syrup
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- ½ tablespoon of rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of Chopped Spring Onion
For Kimchi Fried Rice
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 1 cup of chopped broccoli
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped garlic
- 3 cups of Brown IBIS Rice
- 2 cups of Kimchi
- Chopped Spring Onion
- Sesame Seeds
1. Precook your Brown IBIS Rice and refrigerate overnight.
2. Press liquid out of tofu and cut into large cubes.
3. Mix all the tofu marinade ingredients (garlic, soy sauce, syrup, water, sesame oil, vinegar, chili powder, sesame seeds, spring onion) in a large bowl.
4. Add tofu to the marinade and coat all around the cubes. Cover and leave to marinade in the fridge for 2 hours.
5. In a wok or large pan, heat oil and add the tofu cubes and the marinade sauce. Sauté on each side on medium-high heat until golden brown (add a little bit of water if the marinade sauce has absorbed too quickly).
6. Remove tofu from the pan and set aside.
7. Add more oil to the pan and stir-fry the chopped onions, broccoli and carrots for 3 minutes.
8. Add garlic and continue to stir-fry for 2 minutes.
9. Add the cooked brown rice and stir-fry for another 3 minutes.
10. Add the Kimchi and continue to stir-fry for 3 more minutes.
11. Serve the fried rice in a bowl and add the tofu.
12. Garnish with chopped spring onion and sesame seeds and enjoy!