Holy Basil Pesto Brown Rice
Good For: Lunch, Dinner
Using aromatic herbs such as holy (thai) basil and lemongrass, this pesto recipe delivers a punch of distinctly SE Asian flavours that will transport you to the Greater Mekong. Mix it with our organic & wildlife-friendly brown rice and you’ll get an amazing holy basil pesto brown rice!
- 2 cups of cooked Brown IBIS Rice
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 kaffir lime leaves (stems removed)
- 2 lemongrass stalks (chopped)
- 2 cups of thai basil leaves
- 3/4 cup of toasted cashew
- 1 red chili (chopped)
- 2-3 tbsp of sesame oil
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- Juice of half a lime
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- Place toasted cashews in the food processor and blend (try not to overblend to a powder)
- Place blended cashews to the side and add garlic, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, red chili, 1 cup of thai basil leaves, 2 tbsp of sesame oil, 1 tbsp of soy sauce and lime juice into the food processor.
- Blend until smooth
- Add remaining ingredients (basil leaves, sesame oil & soy sauce) to the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Scoop mixture out into a bowl and gradually add and mix with the cashew (if texture is looking too thick, add a bit more sesame oil or don’t add all of the cashew)
- Mix pesto with cooked Brown IBIS Rice and serve!