Holy Basil Eggplant with Semi-Milled Jasmine Rice
Good For: Lunch, Dinner
- 2 eggplants (chopped in thin layer)
- 4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1 bird’s eye chilies (chopped) (optional)
- 1 cup of Holy basil
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of vegan fish sauce
- 1 tsp of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of sunflower oil
- IBIS Semi-Milled or White Jasmine Rice
For the Semi-Milled Jasmine Rice:
- Rinse and Strain rice and combine with 2 cups of water in a pot.
- Turn on the stove on a high heat, bring to a boil.
- Immediately reduce to the lowest heat and cover.
- Simmer for 25 minutes so that all of the water is absorbed
- Turn off stove and leave pot covered for 5 minutes before serving
For the Stirfry:
- Add oil in a pan over high heat. Once the oil is hot add chopped garlic and chilies. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes (don’t burn the garlic and chilies).
- Add the chopped eggplant and make sure each side is cooking at least 2-3 minutes until softened and start to have a golden color.
- Add to the pan soy sauce, vegan fish sauce and brown sugar. Toss the eggplant in the sauce and cook for an additional minute until the sauce thickens.
- Add Holy Basil leaves and cook for another minute.
- Serve with steamed White Rice or Semi-Milled Jasmine Rice.