Ginger Tofu Stir Fry with Semi-Milled Jasmine Rice
Good For: Lunch, Dinner
Cooked with classic Cambodian flavours of ginger and garlic, this mouth watering dish is easy to make with your favourite veggies. Serve with perfectly cooked IBIS Rice with some soy sauce and chillies for a delicious lunch for you and the family to enjoy!
- a handful/bunch of chives
- 3 inch of ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium carrot
- half an onion
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 4 medium mushrooms
- extra firm tofu 200g
- 2 cups of semi-milled jasmine rice cooked
- 2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- A tsp of sesame seeds
For the Semi-Milled Jasmine Rice:
- Rinse and Strain rice and combine with 2 cups of water in a pot.
- Turn on the stove on a high heat, bring to a boil.
- Immediately reduce to the lowest heat and cover.
- Simmer for 25 minutes so that all of the water is absorbed
- Turn off stove and leave pot covered for 5 minutes before serving
For the Stirfry:
- Align the bottom of your chives and finely chop the bottom 2-3cm and place in a small bowl for garnish.
- With your remaining chives, cut into 3cm-5cm lengths.
- Peel your ginger and julienne slice into matchstick size strips.
- Press and slice garlic cloves.
- Peel carrot and julienne into 3-5cm strips.
- Peel onion and discard root, then slice evenly lengthways.
- Remove stem of bell pepper and cut in half. Remove white flesh and seeds. Then slice into even strips lengthways.
- Drain the extra firm tofu and slice into even squares (about 2cm).
- Slice mushrooms into even wedges.
- Prepare sauce mix. In a small bowl mix soy sauce, white vinegar and sesame oil.
- In a wok or frying pan, add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil on a medium-high heat.
- Once sizzling, add tofu pieces and 2-3 tablespoons of your sauce mix. Bring to a high heat and stir fry until all sides are golden brown (about 5 minutes).
- Remove tofu from the pan and place in a small bowl for later.
- Reduce heat to medium and add a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Add ginger and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, onions, mushrooms, carrot, bell pepper and another tablespoon of vegetable oil and another tablespoon of your sauce mix. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add chive strips and stir fry on a high heat for another 2 minutes gradually adding the rest of your sauce mix.
- Add your tofu cubes and chopped chives and continue to stir fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve on a plate with cooked semi-milled jasmine rice. Sprinkle some white sesame seeds and enjoy!